1. Text in PARMA Recording News, 23 April 2019, taken from the CD “Voices of Earth & Fire, Vol.II”, released by Navona Records on April 26, 2019
The Inside Story
– Quote: “Q: What inspires you to write?
A: Generally: the process of bringing the sounds I hear in my subconscious to concrete notes on paper and refining them until they best represent the message I want to share with my fellow human beings.
More specifically: the wish to be a good craftsman who delivers clear, well-playable, and well-sounding scores to my performing friends.”
The following 8 articles pertain to the CD “The Palace of the Dreamking and other works of Peter Greve”, releases by Navona Records on November 14, 2019
2. Review in “Textura.org/archives”, December 2019, Peterborough Ontario, Canada
– Quote: “‘The Palace of the Dreamking and Other Works by Peter Greve’ provides a complete and thoroughly satisfying experience on purely listening terms, the pieces [are] rich enough in content to engender and accommodate any number of interpretations and responses by the listener.“
3. Article in “Portraits in Sound”, December 2019, TransCentury Communications, Inc., Fort Myers, Florida, USA
– Quote: “Greve’s communicative skill shines through in all these disparate works, and the CD as a whole offers an interesting portrait of a contemporary composer skilled both in composition and in connecting with an audience.”
4. Article in “Gapplegate Classical-Modern Reviews”, December 19, 2019
– Quote: “Greve has a winning way that he makes his own… recommended for those seeking new music beyond the typical labels and into the sounds and sensibilities themselves.”
5. Article in “Take Effect Reviews”, December 2019
– Quote: “Though he began his formal musical journey late in life, Peter Greve is making up for lost time quickly with his eclectic and experimental vision….
Greve has been quite busy since taking on music in the early 2000’s after entering retirement, and this installment again illustrates his creative vision and sublime delivery.”
6. Article in “Records International”, December 2019
“[Greve’s] technical and expressive skills are impeccable… deeply felt and strongly characterized… pitch-perfect.”
7. Text in “WRUV Reviews, December 16, 2019, Burlington (Vermont)
– Quote: “Quite a variety of instruments (orchestra, brass, choir, wind and strings) in various combinations, some forceful, most gracious.”
8. Text in “American Record Guide”, Feb. 2020, p.95-6
– Download: https://drive.google.com/a/parmarecordings.com/file/d/1I9wAp41z0mEcsAn-wEg0ujrkUTXFdbYM/view?usp=sharing
– Quote: “Excellent playing by the brass ensemble of the Zagreb Festival Orchestra. My other favourite is the 3-movement, 13-minute trio for clarinet, cello, and piano. It is serious and beautiful, full of stylistic variety and technical challenge. The performers are skillful and expressive.“